BioWare textures to TGA converter
xoreostex2tga [<options>] <input file> <output file>
xoreostex2tga converts textures of various formats found in BioWare games into plain TGA images.
- DDS: Both the common DirectDraw Surface format and BioWare's own, completely different DDS format are supported, each with a variety of pixel formats
- SBM: Found in Jade Empire, holding font glyphs
- TXB: Textures in Jade Empire and the Xbox version of Knights of the Old Republic
- TPC: Textures in other versions of Knights of the Old Republic.
- TGA: Textures in various games, in many different pixels formats
The output format is always either 24-bit or 32-bit BGR(A) TGA, depending on whether the input file has an alpha channel or not. Only the highest resolution mip map will be used.
- Show a help text and exit.
- Show version information and exit.
- Flip the image vertically while converting.
- Try to autodetect the format of the input file. This is the default mode of operation.
- Explicitly mark the input file as DDS.
- Explicitly mark the input file as SBM.
- Explicitly mark the input file as TPC.
- Explicitly mark the input file as TXB.
- Explicitly mark the input file as TGA.
- The name of the texture file to read.
- The resulting TGA file will be written there.
Convert texture.dds into image.tga:
xoreostex2tga texture.dds image.tga
Convert texture.dds into image.tga and flip the image:
xoreostex2tga --flip texture.dds image.tga
Convert the TPC texture.txb into image.tga and flip the image:
xoreostex2tga --flip --tpc texture.txb image.tga