BioWare ERF (.erf, .mod, .nwm, .sav) archive extractor.
unerf [<options>] <command> <archive> [<file> [...]]
unerf extract BioWare ERF archives, found in many BioWare games as files with the extension .erf, .mod, .nwm or .sav. Moreover, in some games, a .rim file might be an ERF instead of a RIM.
There's several different versions of ERFs. This tool supports the version V1.0 (Neverwinter Nights), V1.1 (Neverwinter Nights 2), V2.0 (Dragon Age: Origins), V2.2 (Dragon Age: Origins) and V3.0 (Dragon Age II).
- Archives with stripped filenames. The name hash is searched for in a big lookup table. If it is not found, the file is listed and extracted as a hexadecimal representation of the hash
- zlib-compressed files are supported and transparently decompressed
- Blowfish-encrypted archives are supported and are, provided you know the password, transparently decrypted
- Archives that contain full paths are supported. You can either strip the directory and extract the plain filenames, or substitute the directory separator with a '='
- Archives with numerical extension IDs belonging to different games can be aliased accordingly.
- XOR-encrypted archives
- Creating directories when extracting archives with full paths. Please also note that by stripped the directories of files in these archives, you might overwrite already extracted files
- Show a help text and exit.
- Show version information and exit.
- Alias file types according to Neverwinter Nights 2 rules. Neverwinter Nights 2 reuses a few file extension IDs differently than other BioWare games.
- Alias file types according to Jade Empire rules. Jade Empire reuses a few file extension IDs differently than other BioWare games.
- Password to decrypt this archive. This password needs to be specified in hexadecimal notation, even if it's an ASCII string. For example, "4CF223AB" would be a valid password string. "Foobar" would not.
- Calculate the MD5 of this NWM file to complement the decryption key of a HAK file for a Neverwinter Nights premium module.
- i Display meta-information about the archive
- l List archive contents
- v List archive contents with full paths
- e Extract files to current directory
- s Extract files to current directory with full name
- The ERF archive to read.
- One or more files to extract. If none are given, the whole archive is extracted.
View meta-information of the archive Shadowlords1.mod:
unerf i Shadowlords1.mod
List all files contained in the archive Chapter1.nwm:
unerf l Chapter1.nwm
List all files, with full path, in the archive areas.erf:
unerf v areas.erf
Extract all files from the archive foo.mod:
unerf e foo.mod
Extract the file area1.are from the archive foo.mod:
unerf e foo.mod area1.are
Extract all files, with full path, in the archive areas.erf:
unerf s areas.erf
Extract the file areas\area1.are from the archive areas.erf:
unerf s areas.erf areas\\area1.are